Friday, July 03, 2015

Some Tentative Good News For Bill White


[As you can see, the lengthy time delays are still a fact of life in Bill's correspondence. WTF do they do with his outgoing letters? It doesn't take three weeks to run off a photocopy. Does a circle of FBI agents sit in a conference room in some federal sub-cellar dressed in turbans and saffron robes, chanting and burning incense over them? What? - HAC]
 
June 18, 2015

Hello, Harold,

More good news to share.

The United States Attorney's office has contacted my counsel in Virginia. They have agreed that my conviction in that case must be vacated. 

[This is the one where the judge stated at sentencing his personal belief that Bill White was innocent and being persecuted for his political beliefs, and then sentenced him anyway. Sentenced a man who he had just stated he knew to be innocent to a crushing prison term ANYWAY! That's what always got me about Roanoke, that and because that was the case where the U.S. Attorney's The Following narrative first appeared, wherein the federal case against Bill White was clearly based on, and in some cases plagiarized from a Fox Network television drama series. - HAC]

The only question now is whether they will agree to vacate it with prejudice, i.e. whether or not they want to attempt a new trial. I have been advised that they probably will not. So that is 92 months (7 years, 8 months) and one criminal history category in Florida (about 2.5 to 5 years) that should be gone within 30 days. This will bring my release date back to December 2030 on the 92 months. Assuming all goes well here in Chicago, I'll drop another 42 months and one category by August, bringing my date to December 2027. In Florida I should have two counts dropped due to lack of venue on appeal, and I should have a new trial on the other three. I will then be facing guidelines of 8-11 years at most, and probably more like 4-6 years. I'll then be facing time served even if I go back to trial. 

So, release in 12-18 months at most, maybe as little as 6, is very likely. And I will very likely not be on probation.

[Rest of letter redacted.]


* * *

One of the things that has always struck me with admiration for Bill is his unquenchable optimism. I will not comment on his hopeful tone here, because who knows? He may be right. 

I have not yet received any "official" letter from him on how the June 25th Chicago hearing went, but I did hear from a third party that his convictions there were reversed, as I understand it due to the Elonis Supreme Court decision which ruled that even if Bill did the things he is accused of doing (he didn't), it isn't a crime. 

He is still in Chicago and will probably be there until they make up their minds WTF they're going to do, so please drop him a line and let him know we're with him. I cannot overemphasize how important this is: the dictatorship tries to break prisoners by convincing them that they are absolutely alone and friendless in the world and that their only hope of anything is submission to their masters. Bill needs those letters now more than ever; the dictator's servants aren't going to be pleased with these developments and the system has ways of letting a slave know when he has displeased his master.


William A. White #13888-084
Chicago M.C.C.
71 Van Buren Street West
Chicago, IL 60605-1004




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home