Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Brief E-Mail From Bill

Defense attorneys confer at the trial of Bill White in Roanoke, Virginia, October 2013

Hello Harold:

I am back in the BOP.  I will be on Corrlinks until my next move, which may be in a week, or may be in two weeks or more.  My Demands for Speedy Trial seem to have the feds moving very quickly.

I will copy you on a few things that are developing in my case.  The judge's statements at sentencing that I was being targeted for my beliefs and that he was giving me a higher sentence than the crime merited because of my beliefs are two separate appellate issues that will be raised.  I have absolutely no faith that any federal court will follow any law, but, the fact that the judge made such a finding on the record is a good thing for me.

I do not know where I am going, but I will do some investigation to see if I can determine where I may be held in Florida.  I will also copy you on an update as to the fellow who butchered himself on my unit right before I left the Roanoke City Jail as soon as I have everyone's email back on Corrlinks.

There is a lot going on.  I am collecting affidavits from witnesses who have come forward since my trial to say that they have evidence I did not commit the crimes I was convicted of and that the US Attorney's Office withheld evidence, and this is coming very well, though it cannot be litigated until after my direct appeals are concluded.  Also, I will be checking in with Paul and seeing how the new book is coming.

I hope that all is well with you.  Please remember when replying that I am in the BOP and sketchy comments, like comments praising any sort of anti-government activity, are inappropriate, and that I may be held responsible for your comments.

Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home