Friday, November 08, 2013

Letter From Bill White - November 1st, 2013


Hello Harold,

Just a brief note. I got royally fucked today. C'est la vie.

Trial went wonderfully until the guilty verdict. We proved I was arrested at about 2:40 p.m.. We proved [name of the dictatorship's star witness redacted] was using my accounts. We proved [redacted] was posting on Facebook between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.from the back seat of two U.S. Marshalls.

When the jury went out, two jurors asked the judge explicitly how to acquit me.

Then the jury went out and stayed out for four hours, and the guys just broke. Three counts "extortion," of all the ridiculous charges, and one count of "making terroristic threats." My guess is the judge will consolidate all into one count. We'll see. By law he should, but then law has become a pretty fluid concept where I am concerned.

My guidelines are 11 to 20 years. [Remainder of this paragraph redacted due to impending sentencing.] 

I testified. I told the truth. The only bright spot is that the regime's prime witness [redacted] may be indicted for perjury. The dictator's servants believed enough of my testimony and disbelieved enough of hers that she has probably fucked herself. They spent half their closing arguments apologizing for her.

Hope you are well.

-Bill

[My guess is that during that four hours someone from the U.S. Attorney's office or the Justice Department slipped into that jury room and explained to them what was expected of them and what would happen if they were so insolent as to bring back an acquittal. Since the jury was anonymous and everything to do with the jury surrounded by a veil of secrecy which they themselves are not allowed to breach without ending up in the same cell beside Bill, we will never know. - HAC]

2 Comments:

Blogger Mutant Swarm said...

Jury nullification NOW!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home