Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Idiots

Just out of curiosity, does anyone really think that I am bothered to the slightest degree by threats in the comments section of this blog?

On the rare occasions during the past 40 years when I have in fact experienced personal confrontations with morons, or should I say on the very rare occasions when those morons have summoned sufficient personal courage to confront me--
extremely rare occasions--said incidents have never been preceded by threats.

In other words, any idiot who posts an anonymous threat on here is by definition someone from whom I am perfectly safe.


Why, indeed, would anyone believe that I would pay the slightest bit of attention to anything posted here or anywhere else that is anonymous? The first thing that anonymity tells me is that a poster is afraid of me. It also means they know that I probably know who they are, and I know that they're a joke.


Really, guys, I'm puzzled by a lot of the bizarre and dysfunctional behavior I see on the Net from "our" people. If indeed it comes from "our" people and it's not part of some cognitive dissonance operation from the ADL or the Democratic party.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Roger Hallstrom said...

The problem is, that by making this post you're giving the idiot what he wants, contact with the object of his desire. You are acknowledging his existence, and that's always a mistake.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Richard Hammond said...

I like to stress out such trolls by finding the location of their IP (town X, for example) and writing them that "We have an associate near your neighborhood in X... he'll be keeping an eye on you."

The fact that you know they're near X pretty much freaks them out.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus, anonymous threats probably mean they don't know who you are anyway. I mean, really know who you are, where you live, etc. Otherwise, they'd probably send their threat direct to you and not anonymously through this board.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

white victims of black crime http://able2know.org/topic/138570-141

12:35 AM  
Blogger Justthisguy said...

Maybe it's because I was gently reared, or something, but I do believe that kind of thing is just wrong. The nature of internet discourse encourages rowdy rudeness; therefore it behoves those of us who still believe in civilized discourse to keep things on a high level.
I hope we can do that without getting all nasty, and sweaty, and violent on the violators.(speaking metaphorically there, I was)

Back when I was a kid, people used to say, "C'mon, act like a White man!"

That is, cool and rational, and manly, and honest, and polite. You know, basically the Boy Scout Law, all 12 parts.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home