2010 - Don't Forget
[I normally don't run democracy dipshit stuff, but this one seems heartfelt. - HAC]
Your U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
1. They voted to not give you a S.S. cost of living raise in 2010 and
2. Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and you
will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
3. Over two years they each get $10,000
4. Do you feel screwed?
5. Will they have your cost of drugs, doctor fees, local taxes, food, etc., reduced? No way . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don't care.
6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al,
care about you?
SEND THE MESSAGE-- YOU'RE FIRED.
In 2010 you will have a chance to get rid of the sitting Congress: ip to 1/3 of the Senate and 100% of the House. Make sure you're still mad in November 2010 and remind their replacements not to screw up. It is okay to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
[Well, now, that's all very nice, but it assumes that A) the votes in November 2010 will be counted honestly, and B) it ignores the fact that thanks to House districting rules the Democrats and assorted racial minorities now outnumber White people in the key "battleground states." Democracy is useless if you're perpetually outnumbered. Wonder how long it will take dumb-ass Whites to figure that out? - HAC]