Sunday, August 07, 2005

Gaza "Disengagement" - Opening Rave

I have never been so happy to be wrong.

I admit it, I was wrong. I thought Ariel Sharon had no intention of evacuating so much as a potted plant out of those vile Jewish settlements in Gaza. I thought that at the last minute he'd find some way to slither out of it. After all, isn't "our Arik" the Father of All Settlements?

But I admit, it does look like he's serious. The "disengagement" is supposed to start in six days now. God, "our Arik" must have had his arm twisted by his own prosecutors and by somebody in America--or else just plain old needs-must intervened.

Over the coming week or so I'm going to be talking mostly about this genuinely historic event, one that in its own way is equivalent to the fall of the Berlin Wall. Guys, this is one time I recommend you switch on the Toob. This thing promises to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys to watch!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I would wait until it is a done deal. Or, as they say in baseball, "It ain't over 'til it's over", or "It ain't over until the fat lady sings".

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home